MACHINE WEFT is one of the hair extension application application types which are woven in to your natural hair. SEW IN process initially requires one’s natural tresses to be braided around the head in concentric circles. Once these natural braids are sewn down, the WEFTS are sewn to the braids. Wefting is the process where the bulk hair stitched together by securing the ends of root part of hair strands together through the specially designed sewing machines. See below for facts about machine wefts.
Machine weft is the most common type of application used by hair extensions users.
- Machine wefts can also be used to make clip-in pieces
- Pieces of tracks can be glued with special adhesive or taped directly in to your own hair (close to the scalp). This method is a very popular temporary application type to add volume or vibrant streaks of colors to your natural hair.
- Track width in each bundle varies based on length of hair, weight of the bundle and hair texture.
- Machine wefts can be manufactured thinner (single track) or thicker (double or triple fold) depending on clients’ requirements.
- Machine wefts can be manufactured with glue or without glue on track area.
- All hair sheds but tracks manufactured with thin layer of glue actually minimize shedding to some extent.